pas de tentation,
gardent la clef
( 681) par
la Croix et ce cheval de Dieu, j'achève ce daémon de gardien à
midi pommes bleues"
We do not know which Teniers the
phrase refers to
There are many
paintings where Saint Anthony is being tempted by the Devil
There are two
St Anthony is NOT being
pas de tentation
A depiction of St Anthony and St Paul fed by Ravens - by David Teniers (the younger)
Once owned by Herman Gœring.
However this Teniers is the more likely
St Anthony and St Paul by David Teniers (the younger)
The reason this is chosen is the quite
obvious inclusion of geometry
i.e. The staffs and the eye line of St Anthony
(left) across the
Third Eye of St Paul through the tilted cross to a bird in the
sky; and the presence of sheep and Shepherds
Since the theme is Sion then
Notre Dame de Valère in
Look at the similarities to the castle on the right of the Teniers painting.
The Roman Catholic diocese of Sion is the oldest in Switzerland and one of the
oldest north of the Alps. The library of Sion is known above all for its 120
Medieval codices, dating from the mid-9th century to the late 15th century, some
richly illuminated, published by Josef Leisibach and Albert Jörger.
The Dossiers Secrets gives us the link that monks from
started the monastery at Orval in 1091 and then went to Notre Dame
du Mont Sion in Jerusalem
under the auspices of King Baudouin. We know that the part of the Ardennes where the monastery was first built was in fact
part of Godfroi de Bouillon’s domain and according to Gérard de Sède this party
of Monks was led by an individual called Ursus. There are those who believe that
this name to be a corruption of the word Urséolus and say it from this person
that the Russéolus took their name and from whom the district of Roussillon and
the ancient city of Ruscino took its name. This is a typical tenuous link
readily found by those looking for an instant-coffee-time answer. Girard de
Roussillon (Duke of Burgundy) has been attributed the honour of installing the
relics of Marie Madeleine in Vézelay in Burgundy, presumably her body had been
taken from the Grotte de Saint Maximin le Sainte Baume
Provence. In the 13th century a descendant of Girard dies in the
crusades and bequeaths Châteauneuf to his widow Beatrix who lives her life in
prayer and one night sees a cross of light surrounded by stars, in a similar
manor to Constantine’s
vision for his Sol Invictus.
perhaps worth noting here that Saunière appears to have also journeyed to
Châteauneuf from Lyon having hired a vehicle
there. Roussillon takes its name from a more
obvious source because Roux and Sillon literally means ‘Rusty Red Furrow’ in
French and is a fault line filled with
Ore that runs roughly North/South
down the eastern part of the district.
With regard to this mysterious Ursus, there is a Saint
Ursus which the French call Saint Ours who was called Sant Orso in
Italy where he
founded a collegiate church there in the 6th Century. Although Aosta
is a long way from Calabria
there are some interesting coincidences worth noting here. Aosta, in northern Italy is close
to both the French and Swiss borders and is about a days horse ride through the
pass from Sion in
became part of the Kingdom
of Burgundy in the 10th
century and later became part of the House of Savoy after 1032. The royal mint
of the Merovingians was in Sion
and some of these superb coins from there were in fact found in Britain inside
the Sutton Hoo treasure ship.
The St Bernard Pass was a featured itinerary of the
Grand Tour that flourished from 1660 onwards particularly amongst the
British upper class and featured a viewing of cultural artifacts of antiquity.
The Grand Tour was a rite of passage for the wealthy and could last for
several months or indeed several years, the leader of such a Grand Tour was
called a Bear Leader. It became less popular when the railways opened up
travel opportunities for almost everyone. Sir Francis Dashwood, later to be a
Chancellor of the Exchequer for the British Government went on a
in 1726 at the age of 16, and it was he who founded the infamous Hellfire Club
Saint Gratus of Aosta (San
Grato di Aosta) is the patron saint of Aosta. St Gratus signed the acts
of the synod of Milan in 451 AD as a priest. Gratus
represented the bishop of Aosta, Eustasius, at this council, signing the letter
that the assembly sent to Pope Leo I the Great in order to affirm its
condemnation of the heresy of Eutyches,
who declared that Christ was "a fusion of
human and divine elements". This after the Archbishop of Constantinople
Nestorius asserted that the Virgin Mary should no longer be referred to as the
‘Mother of God’ (Theotokos), for
according to Nestorius Jesus had been born a mere man and became imbued later
with a divine nature, Eutyches had vehemently opposed this.
However, both Eutyches and Nestorius found themselves denounced as
heretics at the Council of Chalcedon in 451AD. Both Gratus and Eustasius were of
Greek origin, they received their education, and ecclesiastical formation from
the type of monastic foundation in Italy
established by Eusebius of Vercelli and this was modeled on that of the Eastern
cenobites and therefore they did not live as hermits as the Calabrian monks may
have done. Gratus became bishop of Aosta sometime after 451, and presided over
the translation of various relics in the city around 470AD, including those of
Saint Innocent, one of the martyrs of the Theban Legion. The bishops of Agaunum
and Sion were present at this translation.
Pope Liberius sent Eusebius of Vercelli accompanied by the curiously named
Bishop Lucifer of Cagliari
to the Emperor Constantius II at Arles in Gaul
over the infamous schism between the theologian Arius and the Trinity
Christians. This forced the Pope to invoke a council to discuss the Arians
rejection of the dictates of the Council of Nicea, clearly as late as the 6th
century Christians were still debating the true nature of Jesus.
In 1285, the Magna Legenda Sancti Grati, a fictitious and anachronistic
account of Gratus’ life to celebrate the translation of the saint's relics, was
composed by Jacques de Cours, then canon of Aosta cathedral.
In this account, it was alleged that St Gratus had been born into a noble
Spartan family and he had studied at
where he became a monk. In order to escape the persecutions in the East, he fled
to Rome, where
he was well received and was sent as an emissary to the court of Charlemagne.
Gratus had experienced a vision at the Pantheon, which had sent him to Aosta
where he converted many pagans and Charlemagne aided him in this mission. The
legend continues that seemingly by divine command, this vision sent him to the
Holy Land to find the head of
John the Baptist. Saint Jucundus (Giocondo) accompanied him and Gratus
allegedly found the relic concealed in the
palace of Herod. Smuggling it out of Jerusalem, Gratus returned
to Rome, where
the story says that the church bells played on their own accord in celebration.
Gratus presented John's head to the Pope; but in doing so, the jawbone remained
in Gratus' hand. The Holy See interpreted this as a sign, and the Pope allowed
him to carry that precious relic back to Aosta. This suggests that the head of
the Baptist may be found around the town of Aosta. Gratus continued to govern the diocese,
while periodically withdrawing to a hermitage with Jucundus. Caesar Baronius,
who drafted a new edition to the Roman Martyrology (1586), doubted the
veracity of Gratus’ tale and in the twentieth century, the historian Aimé Pierre
Frutaz demonstrated without a doubt that the Magna Legenda Sancti Grati
was an invented tale. However, the tale still seems to have spurred a Gratus
cult into the areas of Piedmont,
Lombardy, Switzerland and Savoy and these are other areas of our
interest in this story.
In the town of Aosta
is the Arch of Augusta erected in 35 BC to celebrate the victory of the Roman
troops led by Consul Varro Murene over the local Celtic tribe called the
Salassi, who had frequented this strategic passage through the Alps since 3000BCE. Here we have a surprising and
unexpected coincidence for there are few streets in the village of Rennes le
Chateau but one street goes by the name of Rue de la Salasse and Aosta is about
a one and half days ride from Annemasse where the Priory of Sion was started by
Pierre Plantard and André Bonhomme.
Saint Gratus of Aosta is usually depicted in art with a bunch of Grapes and the
head of John the Baptist and is the patron saint of the Benedictines. His feast
day is September 6th.
The Dossiers Secret says that the leader of the Calabrian
monks was Ursus and this is the Latin for Bear but specifically the male bear,
OURS is French for bear and ORSO is Italian for Bear. The female bear is Ursa
and so therefore the constellations of Ursa Major and Ursa Minor is specifically
female, Ursus being male. There is a school of thought that places this
particular St Ursus of Aosta to be of Irish or Celtic origin. There is a legend
that between the years 473 and 500 the body of St Victor was brought to
by the Queen of Burgundy Theudesinde where she built a church in his name over
the grave of Saint Ursus. In 1519 an old coffin in the form of a Roman urn was
found and contained relics and it bears the inscription.
Conditus hoc Sanctus
Tumulo Thebaidus Ursus
Here is the Holy Tomb of the Theban Ursus
It is said that he was the member of the
Theban legion who
were martyred for refusing to worship idols, he is known throughout
and since the 12th century and the baptismal name of Ursus is very
There is a cathedral in the town of
Solothurn dedicated to
St Ursus. Solothurn is
to the northeast of
Neufchatel renown for its
early Celtic associations.
Upon their arrival at Orval, a journey that if made by land
would have taken them through the Grande St Bernard pass via Aosta, these
mysterious Calabrian monks received patronage of Mathilde de Toscan duchess of
Lorraine. She was Godfroi de Bouillon’s aunt and was
effectively his foster mother. According to the Dossier Secrets it was through
Mathilde that these monks received the tract of land that became Orval. This
land is close to Stenay where the French king Dagobert II had been assassinated
earlier in the 7th century and excavations have revealed Merovingian
graves at Orval. This Saint Dagobert, who like The Magdalene and Sarah is for
some reason inexplicably sainted is of course mentioned in the parchment one and
Dagobert II was the last from the Eastern Merovingian bloodline of Kings. These
monks from Calabria did not remain
in Orval long and everyone agrees that they simply disappeared from history. The
Prieure documents go on to say that these monks were given all that special
status by the eventual Defender of the Faith of Jerusalem Godfroi de Bouillon
but curiously were never given the privilege of a conventional recorded history.
It seems that their dedication was not worth recording for posterity at the
actual time of their occupation of Orval and that their founding of what became
one of the most successful abbeys in the world is not even worthy of being
commented upon by their successors or conventional history. Or has it merely
been scrubbed from recorded history; what stands out from recorded history here
is a lack of hardly any information about the initial founding of this Abbey, an
omission that stares one in the face.
It has been said that where truth is suppressed there
legend is formed and we are finding ourselves forced through having no hard
evidence at all as to what happened to these monks into conjecture as to their
activities after they left Orval. To simply abandon the journey here will
guarantee us no further discovery and a kind of lapse into recycled and useless
solution that has led us nowhere. The sensible action is to go on with these
documents to see where they will lead us with the proviso that they may not be a
genuine historical facts but merely someone’s own personal understanding of
historical facts that are uncorroborated unless there are other documents held
in secret. If we do go on from the information in these Dossiers we must try to
link our journey to known points of reference at every opportunity and to pick
out the truth from the legend or indeed any deliberate falsehoods that may
exist. This is, however acceptable in science, it is after all precisely the
path that the science of the study of evolution has followed and is still
following as it too has little contemporary evidence for comparison but still
carries on with its hypothesis purely on the basis that the hypothesis
sort of fits. Of course the theory
that it is all done by angels also fits if one inserts a similar large number of
‘must-have-dones’ into the theory. However we do have something in our favour
for a group supposedly as influential as this Order of Sion would, whilst not
themselves being in direct evidence due to their secrecy, have affected things
around them in a quite distinctive way. We are at a
Black Hole analogy
here, something that by its very nature cannot be directly seen but will
influence everything around it whose behaviour can be seen.
We can start to try to link the disappearance of this group
with a sudden appearance of a group that is connected with the successes of the
crusades and has links to Godfroi de Bouillon’s exploits in the
Holy Land. But probably more importantly we can take this ‘Sion’
that is said to control Western religion and Politics including the Crusade
against the forces of Islam and other perceived heresies and link it to the
history of the Languedoc area. This will
include the great heresy that was pursued there later by the Catholic Church
with their crusade against a heretical group known as the Albigensian Crusade.
For surely this influential Order, should it have existed, will have been
involved in this in some way.
So did anyone appear on the
Notre Dame du Mont Sion at precisely the
time this Order of Monks disappeared from Orval? The answer is yes.
Look at the logo on the right.
The French word for Bear inside the Zodiac symbol
This apparent leader whose name was Ursus has been open to
all kinds of interpretation. One is immediately drawn, as already mentioned, to
the reference to the Latin name for Bear - Ursa. But similarly we are drawn back
to the logo on the list of Prieure de Sion Grand Masters. The word OURS appears
inside a symbol for Virgo at the top of this list and ‘Ours’ is French for Bear.
The first connection here then is the connection of the constellations of Ursa
Major and Minor to the constellation of Virgo in a single logo. Could these
monks at Orval, having originated from the land of the mysterious
schools, have been involved in the observation, tabulation and mapping of the
movement of the Stars and Planets? Again speculation says that this may have
been the case for a document that exists at the University of Ghent and written
by Lambert de St Omer, who describes in his manuscript
("book of flowers") which is an encyclopedia of Biblical, chronological,
astronomical, geographical, theological, philosophical and natural history
subjects. It is described by scholars as an extract or synopsis from different
authors, and was begun in 1090 and finished in 1120. We do not know from where
Lambert de St Omer got his information and there is speculation that it came
from documents found by the Knights Templar during their occupation of Temple
Tradition has it that these Calabrian monks left ORVAL in the
Ardennes to set up a Temple
of ‘Our Lady of Mount Zion’; this is a curious title,
Lady of Mount Zion?
–Sainte Baumo in Provencal
After St Bernard of Montjoux
Footnote about St Bernard's Pass
The Petit Saint Bernard
stone circle probably dates back to second or third
millennium BC. It was re-discovered last century. Its large
diameter (72 m - 236ft) makes it one of the most important
stone rings in mainland Europe. It is located 2190 metres
above sea level, exactly (and probably deliberately) on the
watershed of the Petit Saint Bernard mountain pass between
Italy and France. Indeed, the circle straddles the border
between the two countries.
Forty-six low stones remain, but
originally there were probably more, as the site is now
crossed by a road which almost certainly destroyed several
others. According to some ancient sources, a dolmen once
stood in its centre. A group of three large stones is
aligned to the point where the sun sets at the summer
solstice, but some of these stones may have been moved, or
even replaced, over the centuries, so it is very difficult
to prove that this alignment was important to the original
A porphyry stone pillar, known
locally as Columna Jovis (Jupiter's Column), could also have
been part of the circle. This column now acts as the
pedestal for a statue of San Bernardo, and stands near the
stone ring. Ancient books say that in Roman times there was
a big ruby called 'Jupiter's eye' or 'Escarboucle' on top of
Petronius (a 1st century AD Roman
satirist) appears to mention the stone circle in one of his
books: "In the Alps near the sky, where the rocks are getting
lower and let you cross them, there is a holy place where
the altars of Hercules rise. Winter covers it with a
persistent snow and it raises its white head to the stars."
Teniers and Archduke Leopold von
The coincidences with Sion Switzerland
are further enhanced when we study the life of
Wilhelm von Hapsburg. He was the brother of the Austrian Emperor
when he first employed Teniers to look after his art collection and
was in every way your typical ‘renaissance man’. Schooled in
theology he gained his bishoprics at Strasburg and Passau by the age
of eleven. Family tradition saw him assume, in 1642 the title of
Grand Master of the
Teutonic knights having took up a military
career which saw him fighting in Bohemia in 1640. However the most
interesting aspect of the Archduke was his interest in astrology and
in particular his appointment of the monk and leading astrologer
Placido was an accomplished mathematician as
well as an astronomer in the Ptolemy tradition. In 1657 Placido
wrote Tabulae Primi Mobilis Quas Directionem Vulgo Dicunt (the
House system of the Zodiac that is used today) and this
is the same year that Poussin painted the second Annunciation
dedicated to Pope Alexander VII and one year after his enigmatic
meeting the Abbé Fouquet where they talked of many things that kings
will be at pains to draw from them. It is very likely that it is a
painting of Placido Titi that is outside the Grotto of Saint Mary
Magdalene at Plan D’Aups close to the Massif de la Sainte Baume.
Placido is from an ascetic branch of the Benedictine Order called
the Olivetans, who were a reformist brotherhood and they had
obviously approved of Placido’s work in astrology when they
published his Physiomathematica in 1650. Placido’s (Placidus)
publications were later popularised by the Catholic Church as an
argument for Ptolemy’s geocentric Solar System in the campaign
against the now proven heliocentric theory of Copernicus which had
been rejected by Pope Alexander VII.
continue with Archduke Leopold von Hapsburg for it was he that had
previously excavated the grave in 1653 of the Merovingian King
Childeric I who was the son of Meroveus, from whom the whole dynasty
is named. In this grave at Saint Brice was found no less than 300
miniature gold bees, a bull’s head made of gold, a crystal ball and
a severed horses head. It was these same golden bees that were
famously sown onto Napoleon Bonaparte’s coronation robe. Bees were
considered to be the tears of Ra in ancient Egypt. Amongst the find
there had also been a statue of Isis.
The Abbey of Sion is
fifty miles from Aosta on the other side of the Apennine Alps that
has the evocative Arthurian name of Avalon where St Germain, the
founder of St Germain des Pres in Paris, received his training. It
is perhaps worth noting here too that two principle Saints
associated with one of England’s most notable cathedrals at Lincoln,
St Anselm who was Archbishop of Canterbury from 1093 to 1109 and
Saint Hugh who was the Prior of Witham in 1179, both came from Aosta
and Avalon respectively.
The Gran San Bernardo (named after
St Bernard of Montjoux) Alpine pass has all around it a distribution
of the tribes from Roman times from the first century. It is the
most important pass through the Alps from Italy to France and
Switzerland. To the North West is Lake Leman which has at its
eastern end the city of Geneva. Right in the middle of the pass
between the white coloured sections is the Roman Temple of Jupiter
at Summus Poeninus built in 70CE. This connected Rome with its
western empire via Gaul, the pass itself is at 2464 metres (8084ft).
The Priory of Sion was formed in St Julien de Annemasse which is a
district of Geneva on the banks of Lake Leman. At Augusta Praetoria
is now the town of Aosta, which is known as the most Roman town
after Rome. Due north of this where the SEDVNI Celtic tribe once
lived is were we find Sion, built on the ancient town of Sedunum and
the twin peaks with the Chateau de Valère and the Chateau de
Tourbillion. Further down the Valle d’Aosta is the town of St
Vincent but if we go further south we come to the district of
Piedmont and the awesome Abbey of Sagra di San Michele just inside
Italy’s border with France close to a town called Arcangel(sic).
As mentioned earlier the town of Aosta was called
Salassorum and was founded by Augustus about 24BCE after defeating
the Celtic tribe the
Salassi and remains of a triumphal Arch erected
in commemoration of the victory still survives. The Salassi are a
tribe that lived close to the area known as La Teine where the
earliest examples of Celtic artifacts survive. The French Provenςal
language (francoprovenςal, arpitan, and patois) is thought to have
come from this area being a Gallo-Roman language and form a separate
group from Langue d’Oil and Langue d’Oc, the largest number of
Franco-Provenςal speakers live in the Aosta Valley Autonomous Region
of Italy and it is an endangered language. There was a forced
Italianisation of the area by Mussolini during World War II and many
Italian speaking workers coupled with a mass exodus of French
speaking workers made the area into an Italian state. However the
area regained its autonomy in 1948.
In his book L’Or de
Rennes, Gerard de Sède mentioned the death of a man named Fakhar Ul
Islam. Fakhar Ul Islam was on his way on a train from Paris to
Geneva he was found at the side of track close to the railway
station of Melun and had clearly fallen (or been pushed) from the
train. Despite being well dressed he carried no baggage whatsoever.
Who travels across Europe with no luggage?
Jean Luc Chaumeil
insists that Fakhar Ul Islam was a drug trafficker without offering
any proof or evidence for his claim or offering any explanation why
he would know that when the French police don’t seem to be aware of
Jean Luc Chaumeil is a self promoting "expert"
on the Solar Temple cult. It is believed by many that Jean Luc
Chaumeil works as a disinformation agent for the security services.
Archduke Leopold had excavated the tomb of
Childeric I and found the 300 bees.
In the 1980s, an
anonymous source claimed that in 1952, Plantard “illicitly carried
out transfers of gold ingots from France to Switzerland”, specifying
it was the Union des Banques Suisses, and that the amount was for
more than 100 million francs, and that he had to appear in front of
a criminal court for fraud. Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln confronted
Plantard with this allegation and he admitted the transfers, but
said that it had not been against the law at the time – which was
true. He stated that though he went to jail, it was for another
offence. This statement is confirmed in a letter from the
Saint-Julien sub-prefecture, involving the Annemasse mayor, dated
June 8, 1956 and thus related to the foundation of the Priory. The
letter states that in December 1953, Plantard was sentenced for six
months in jail for “abus de confiance” – abuse of trust, which is
normally understood to be embezzlement. French privacy laws prevent
outsiders from receiving further information as to who the victim
was, etc. It seems obvious that in the early 1950s, Plantard was
working – or “adding to his income” – by performing financial
transfers. That he was involved with financial transfers between
France and Switzerland can be inferred from the fact that he lived
first in Switzerland and then settled just across the border, the
1980 rumour and confirmation of gold transfers and his 1953
conviction for what seems to be related to money matters.
589 the bishop of Sion was St. Heliodorus,
he was an astrologer.
One will remember that a painting of
Heliodorus (meaning in Greek 'gift of the Sun') is in the
church of Saint Sulpice in Paris
Heliodorus vanquished from the Temple
Eugène Delacroix, Chapel of The Holy
Angels, Church of Saint-Sulpice
Jesuits were banned in Switzerland from 1848 until 1973.
The Celtic tribe Helvetii occupied Switzerland before the Romans.
the Bear Goddess.
Likely Ursa Major
So where does all this lead us?
Gerard de Sède speaks about the mysterious
Ursus in his book, there was a Saint Ursus in Aosta which the French
call Saint Ours who was called Sant Orso in Aosta, Italy where he
founded a collegiate church there in the 6th Century. Ursa, Ours and
Orso is the name for Bear in Latin, French and Italian respectively.
As in Great Bear - Ursa Major.
The Bear Goddess is Callisto.
The Painting St Anthony and St Paul
fed by Ravens
Well firstly a copy of this painting can
found at Shugborough
Hall, however here it is given the curious name of
and Elijah fed by Ravens.
This name comes from the
experts in the art world
The Courtauld Institute
Since both Elias and Elijah are from the Old
Testament the presence of a crucifix in the painting is baffling.
Then the word of the
Lord came to Elijah:
“Leave here, turn eastward
in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan.
4 You will drink from the brook,
and I have directed the ravens
to supply you with food there.”
1 Kings 17:2-3
Since the theme from the
parchment speaks of
NO TEMPTATION we can assume that the two figures depicted by Teniers
are St Antony and St Paul.
Several paintings of St Anthony
being tempted by the Devil have been made.
Here there the Teniers there is
St Sarapion, St Paul of Thebes (The Hermit) and St Anthony (The
Hermit)(right) fed by a Raven.
These are in a
Coptic monastery in Egypt.
St. Paul of Thebes, also known as
St. Paul the Hermit, born in 228 to a family of rich merchants. At
the age of sixteen he withdrew to a valley of the Eastern Desert,
situated around fifteen kilometers from the coast of the Red Sea,
southwest of the current Zafarana area.
Dressed with a tunic made of
palm leaves, St. Paul is considered the first hermit chose to dwell
in a cave where tradition says he lived for over seventy years,
eating only half loaf of bread a day brought to him by a raven. Upon
this cave where he lived, still visible, the monastery dedicated to
him and called
Deir Anba Bula
I intend doing more work on this in the coming weeks
Readers please note
Since the beginning of 2019
for several months this website has been constantly updated with new
Pages have been changed often
and more pages have been added.
Readers are advised to reload from the website on a regular basis as
old pages may be stored on your Computer and may be no longer relevant.